Re: [Epiphany] [patch] better title and icon for bookmark propertywindows

Edd Dumbill wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 10:22, Dave Bordoley wrote:
>

>>Use the favicon of the bookmark for the window icon
>>

>I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but I think using
>the favicon for a window icon is a really bad idea.  The purpose of the
>window icon is that it lets you quickly find the application you're
>looking for on a window list.  If it changes all the time, you haven't a
>hope.
>
>Furthermore some software sites set their favicon to their program's
>icon.  So I've been running that program and browsing the site in Ephy
>at the same time, and been unable to know which window to switch to!
>
>It's a neat hack, but I'm afraid it really reduces usability.
>
>-- Edd

I disagree based on experienced. In particular sights like slashdot set
a pretty decent and easy to find favicon icons. Its much easier for me
to scan the window list looking for the slashdot window, than any of the
many epiphany window i have open that default to that cool yet unhelpful
gnome foot.

dave