Re: [Epiphany] [patch] better title and icon for bookmark propertywindows

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 10:22, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> Use the favicon of the bookmark for the window icon

I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but I think using
the favicon for a window icon is a really bad idea.  The purpose of the
window icon is that it lets you quickly find the application you're
looking for on a window list.  If it changes all the time, you haven't a
hope.

Furthermore some software sites set their favicon to their program's
icon.  So I've been running that program and browsing the site in Ephy
at the same time, and been unable to know which window to switch to!

It's a neat hack, but I'm afraid it really reduces usability.

-- Edd

This is a digitally signed message part