Re: [Epiphany] Bookmarks system

Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpeseng@tin.it> writes:

> The double view could solve the problem. I sort of prefer the toolbar
> approach though.
>
> > > It wouldnt make it worst though .... The conflict is in the close
> > > behavior. Sidebar or not I'd prefer the thing to close automatically
> > > when I selected a bookmark.
> >
> > For a dialog that makes sense - it makes no sense for a docked pane ...
>
> Yeah I agree here. With the sidebar I couldnt have autoclose ;)

Maybe auto-hide which panels have for pretty much the same reasons I guess!

> > > Looking at the design as a whole there are two ways to do what you was
> > > describing (open all your favourite news sites): bookmarks toolbars
> > > (with the keyword dnd still not implemented)
> >
> > Yes that sort of solves my problem, although not really efficiently
> >  since I can't middle clik a toolbar item to open in new window/tab.
>
> I dont think there are problems to make middle click behave that way ...

Should I raise a bug for that?

> Haha. Yeah this seem the sort of thing that needs to be tried to see how
> it's good.

I think last time I tried I get wedged up in Mozilla code I really
didn't understand - are there any guides on Mozilla basics (Particularly
the various String classes etc.)?

Lee
--
+------------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --------------