Re: [Epiphany] anyone able to compile with jhbuild?

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 14:52, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I build mozilla + epiphany using jhbuild, I get
> the various mozilla libs and headers in /myprefix/include,
> /myprefix/lib, etc. rather than in /myprefix/lib/mozilla-1.4a/
> If I then try to run mozilla itself, it seems to be looking for them
> in /myprefix/lib/mozilla-1.4a/ so doesn't start up.

> Then when epiphany is built, I get the appended block of undefined
> references. There is a mozilla-1.3b-2003012717_trunk_rh8_gtk2
> installed to /usr. MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME is not set to anything.
>
> Can't mozilla just have a .pc file like everything else and Just Work? ;-)

Actually, mozilla does install several .pc files...

I think jhbuild moves stuff into /myprefix/lib to avoid having to set
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME.  Maybe that's also why mozilla won't run (it doesn't
run for me either).  I just updated mozilla/ephy and didn't run into the
linking problem you experienced....not sure why that's happening for
you.

Thanks,
James