Re: [Epiphany] "I feel lucky" preference on Address bar

Il ven, 2003-06-27 alle 16:03, Marcelo E. Magallon ha scritto:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 03:19:00PM +0200, Gavrila wrote:
>
>  > As I'm able to understand the less u can configure in Epiphany the
>  > better it is for project aims.  Ok, that's born to provide non-expert
>  > users a simple but powerful browser.
>
>  You people need to get the myth of "configurable" == "hard to use" out
>  of your collective heads.  Google is good, but not _that_ good.  "I'm
>  feeling lucky" _hardly_ does it for me and there _are_ people out there
>  who don't use Google.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. Since this project born to give
a REALLY simple but powerful browser, one of the line of devs is to not
implement gui options to configure "tweaky" things. And that's fine for
me, just because that's why they decided to fork from galeon. The
question indeed I was asking is: why to negate the possibility to 'hack'
these settings when someone is able to?

I mean: the young and inexpert user, won't be able to tweak anything and
since the gui is clean and simple it will be all "click 'n' go", but the
expert user will know where to go to tweak and configure as his taste
says.

What do you think about this?