Re: [Epiphany] Re: [Usability] User defined metadata (was: epiphanytoolbar/bookmarks)

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Bruce Alderson wrote:

> > Also, Marco keeps saying that typing into the URL bar isn't the prefered
> > way of accessing bookmarks but I really REALLY wish it could be.
> > Basically, the only thing it's missing (in my view) is case insensitve
> > search.  If I could type the name of a topic or bookmark in lower case
> > and basically do a search without opening the window that would be
> > BEAUTIFUL.
>
> Doesn't this require a good deal of discovery on the user's part?  While a
> cool approach (quite usable once discovered), how would someone figure it
> out?  Some sort of strong visual hint or clue would really be needed, imo.

I don't know.  I do know that it "feels right", and that as soon as you start
typing a url, you'll notice it as it autocompletes to your bookmarks.  Whether
there's a large class of users who would never find it is another question, but
I don't think that means it should continue to be broken.
--
Adam Lopresto
http://cec.wustl.edu/~adam/

 "To my knowledge, I've not said one thing yet in this life that would be truly
  and profoundly good quoting material."
                     -SeanYseul