Re: [Epiphany] Memory footprint

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 04:36, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 03:43, Igor Lev wrote:
> > I was just wondering what people's experiences with epiphany's memory
> > footprint have been. For it seems to run up into 90+ MB with around 6-7
> > windows open. I've tried it both with java loaded and without and its
> > noticeably slowing down with both. My version is 0.8.0 compiled from
> > gentoo portage. Is this normal or is it just my experience.
>
> My epiphany with 9 window opened takes 31 MB of memory. Are you talking
> of just opened windows or after using it for a long time ?

This was after using it for a while. Could this number be a result of me
having my cache set to 50MB [the default I believe]. When I just start
epiphany I get around 45MB for the same amount of windows so I'm
assuming the rest comes from caching content in memory. It also jumps up
significantly  when I'm using plugins with large memory footprints such
as acroread, but that, I would think, is pretty much expected. I do,
however, have a question for anyone who's had any luck in getting the
bonobo stuff embedded in epiphany with regard to the memory footprint
those plugins have.

--
-Igor