Re: [Epiphany] Popups blocking

[snip]

> > I really think the Phoenix model is the closest to doing the correct
> > thing.
>
> The problem with the Phoenix model is I see many people sitting there
> going "well I clicked the link, why am I not seeing the
> video/next-page/britannica photo/whatever". While I approve of the
> usability of supressing popups, the collateral damage of people having
> to understand "blocking" / "unblocking" and that stuff to do essential
> things is really high.

One thing here is that the mozilla popup blocking pref (and thus the one
in galeon, and phoenix as well) only blocks the popups that come in
"unrequested", ie on page load. The ones you get when clicking a link
still work. So the problem you describe wont be there in any case ..

Cheers
Jorn

PS Happy new year :)