[Epiphany] kiosk mode

Hi all,

I have to set up a kiosk box in a hotel entrance for web browsing. I
chose epiphany because I like it anyway, and the interface can be nicely
configured via epiphany-ui.xml. I was able to easily disable the save
as, and other unwanted features. I soon had to find out this is not
enough, a save dialog is offered also when you click on a file that
cannot be opened in the browser directly. And there are other issues
wich call for patching...

Before starting to patch epiphany I thought I'd discuss it with you
first. If there is interrest the kiosk patches could be incorporated to
the official binary.

Right now I modified /usr/share/epiphany-browser/epiphany-ui.xml (I use
the usefulinc.com deb). This however limits the usage for other users on
the system. Perhaps epiphany could look for something like
~/.epiphany-ui.xml - so in essence a per-user gui config feature. This
might not just be usable for a kiosk scenario. Any thoughts on this?

Some other things for a kiosk mode
- preferences password protected?
- kiosk mode activation: compile time switch / command line switch / cfg
file?
- read only bookmarks
- close button on toolbar (no need for wm, can use tabs)
- mime type handling restrictions (no save, exec, etc)

Ok, so basically I'd like to know what you thing about a kiosk version
of epiphany and have some suggestions on this topic. In the mean time
I'm reading the sources like the morning paper :D

cheers,
Greg