low res desktops

Hi,

Like epiphany, but I cannot use it at low res.  The thing stopping my
right now:

1) this overloaded "use tab by default".  I wish I could set
everything to use tab, but not lose all the space when I only have one
tab open.  It should eliminate the tabbar as in the case when you are
using tabs without "use tab by default"

2) turning off, text below icons.  either text or icons, whichever.
cannot really do this on a gnome-wide basis, as I'm only familiar with
the browser icons...

3) when the browser window is narrow, the toolbar throws some widgets into
a pulldown, but the Location text entry doesn't get rendered.

Also, I lost my throbber.

I hope someone will browse at 640x480 a while to see if stuff can be
improved.  I'll work on getting a higher res display :)

Thanks.