Re: Decisions on Bugs

Christian Persch writes:

Some info about IE favicon support from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/Author/dhtml/howto/ShortcutIcon.asp :
- it does support the <link> thing (although with a non-standard rel
attribute, "SHORTCUT ICON" instead of "ICON". gecko understands both
variants)
- it only _displays_ the favicon in the address bar [and bookmarks menu]
when the user has bookmarked the page

I was unaware of this. In this case can we at least follow the IE behavior and fetch the icon if the site is bookmarked as a fallback?
- it only supports .ico files apparently
It's clear to me that the www.example.com/favicon.ico was never meant to
be fetched unconditionally for every page on the host; and I don't think
we should do that.
I vote NOTABUG too.

Ok I agree given your statements above. dave