Re: Downloader UI Rationales

Adam Hooper writes:
Hrm. How about a 'Go -> Open Download Folder' or 'View -> Open Download Folder' or 'File -> Open Download Folder' action, with a corresponding toolbar button?

I really don't want to do this, in particular because ideally i see the downloader being a seperate entity from the web browser itself. Furthermore as long as the download folder is easily available from the filesystem it seems like unneeded menu bloat (why is fast access needed to this folder from the browser and not the documents folder for instance). On a more practical note, what does "Open Download Folder" mean when the default download folder is the desktop? We surely don't want to open a nautilus window pointing at this folder (breaking the spatial metaphor of the file system would be one of many problems with this). dave