RE: About the new download behaviour

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 19:54, mpeseng tin it wrote:
> Are all types of files removed after they have been opened ? For example
> documents, pdfs etc ...

  No, this only happens with archives, but I don't know if it's the
browser or the archiver deleting them.
  .tar.gz files (handled by StuffIt) leave just the .tar file and are
expanded, .zip files (handled natively by Finder on 10.3 / Panther) are
expanded and the file removed. Opening zip files after they have been
downloaded doesn't remove them.
  As I said in my previous message, if an archive has no top directory,
one is created to contain the files. Actually I think the directory is
always created, and then removed if not needed.

> Clicking does open without showing confirmation ?

  Yes

> Is there a way to just download a file without opening it (how ?).

  Yes, right click -> "Download link to disk"

> Is there a way to specify the file name/location (with pref or any
> other way) ?

  Not that I know of.

  I think that click to open and right click -> download to actually
save the file is a sane beaviour, but I'm not sure about removing
files...

  bye,
  mic

--
Michele Campeotto
"A volte la quantità può sopperire alla qualità"