[Epiphany] Re: extensions (was: epiphany 0.8.3 and 0.8.4 buildproblems)

Hi,

On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 18:37, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 18:01, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > Can you also tell me what the direction is for Epiphany plugins ? How you
> > would packagers to provide these ?
>
> Not sure, ccing chpe, he knows more ;)

We currently have three extensions available, the gestures extension,
the zoom-persistence extension and the tabsmenu extension. I definitely
think they're release-quality, and distributions should package them.

That said, there are two problems currently:

1) One of those extensions, the tabsmenu, needs a patched epiphany to
work, because currently epiphany doesn't define ui merge points in its
ui file. So either the package needs to depend on a
known-to-contain-the-patch ephy package, or leave the tabsmenu extension
out.
2) Epiphany loads every installed extension at startup. If you deem that
a problem, the packager needs either to provide multiple packages with
one extension each [which doesn't solve the problem in a multi-user
environment], or we need a way to let the user choose which extensions
to load; but that will have to wait for after Epiphany 1.0.

Regards,
	Christian