Re: [Epiphany] shift-click for download

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:43:19 -0500
> From: Thomas F. O'Connell <tfo@netcentral.com>
> To: epiphany@mozdev.org
> Subject: Re: [Epiphany] shift-click for download
>
> For the record, there are (as usual) idiomatic differences among
> platforms and browsers.
>
> The Mac idiom is for Ctrl-click to bring up contextual menus.
>
> Under IE (for Windows), Shift-click actually opens the link in a new
> window. In fact, I'm not sure of a modifier key shortcut for bringing up
> contextual menus under Windows.
>
> I know this is a bigger issue than will be resolved by Epiphany
> developers, but it's a point worth mentioning, I think.

It has annoyed me many times when trying to use IE that it behaved
differently from Mozilla.  The wisest thing to do is probably to follow
Mozilla's behaviour.

In mozilla Shift Click gives a save (download) dialog,
Ctrl+Click opens a new window also if you have a three button (or wheel)
mouse middle click will open a new window.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/