[Epiphany] autogen.sh problems

Hello,

I'd love to peek at epiphany after reading about it in the latest gnome
summary.
Unfortunately am I expiriencing problems when trying to ./configure it.
I'm running recent garnome on YellowDog Linux 2.3 with upgraded autoconf
2.57 and automake 1.7.2.
I also tried to set the ACLOCAL_FLAGS like suggested on the galeon2
install page.
I'd be very happy to get a hint although this might not have to do with
epiphany at all.

Best regards,
Robert

[...]
/opt/g2-dep/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
Running autoconf ...
configure.in:28: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_SHARED
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:29: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_STATIC
configure.in:31: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.in:32: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.in:34: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.in:39: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_CC_STDC
configure.in:41: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_INTLTOOL
configure.in:71: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
configure.in:138: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2
configure.in:149: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-compile-warnings
./configure: line 1263: syntax error near unexpected token
`AC_ENABLE_SHARED(yes)'
./configure: line 1263: `AC_ENABLE_SHARED(yes)'
[robert@mostpress epiphany]$