EOG painfully slow with large SVG images

Hi all,

Is it a known issue for Eye Of Gnome to be pathologically slow at rendering large SVG images ?
(not that large actually, i'm attaching an example image that is ~1000x1000)

When loading this image, my whole system (not only EoG) becomes unresponsive for every action (loading the image, zooming, clicking menus). I could observe this in up-to-date Fedora and Arch Linux (EoG 3.24.1), in GNOME and Cinnamon.

Web browsers (Firefox, Chromium) render this image instantly. So I was wondering if I am missing something ? Do I need to enable hardware acceleration somewhere, or maybe I am missing a lib for optimized drawing of SVG ?

Best regards,
Julien