Re: Looking for a freelancer to make a plugin for Eye of Gnome

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 5:47 AM, André Kjellstrup
<andre kjellstrup gmail com> wrote:
I just posted requirements at
https://www.freelancer.com/projects/C-Programming/create-plugin-for-Eye-Gnome/

I guess it to be trivial for an programmer, please let me know if anyone
here is interested.

Hi André, I'm not a programmer, not really anyway, but do have a
comment. Your Report plugin sounds quite useful, you may find a lot of
users wanting similar functionality.

That said, I did cringe a bit when I read that you want the plugin to
delete (meta)data. While that may suit your use case at the moment, it
may not be future proof and may not be desirable for others.  My
involvement in open-source has revolved around metadata for the last
couple of years and I have invested some time in trying to convince
application developers to NOT delete any metadata, whether EXIF, XMP
or maker notes.

I like to recommend that application developers follow the MWG
Guidelines as much as possible.
      http://www.metadataworkinggroup.org/pdf/mwg_guidance.pdf

Cheers!
Alan Pater