Re: gnome eog use in website, feasible?

Hi Jack!

Not sure if I understand you correctly but I'll try.

As eog uses gvfs for file access it can open images directly from a web page if you specify the exact URI:

eog https://www.gnome.org/wp-content/themes/gnome-grass/images/gnome-logo.png

However in that case things like folder browsing won't work as HTTP as is doesn't support the necessary queries. To hav that working you'd need to access your images through a WebDAV share, which you'd mount through the files app (Nautilus) beforehand.

If you meant to use eog as a replacement for a web image gallery, this won't work.
Even if you'd be able to "embed" eog in your browser via gtk's broadway backend I doubt that it is fast enough. It won't be usable by multiple users anyway.

Regards,

Felix