Re: watermark plugin

Hi James,

Am Freitag, den 27.06.2014, 23:16 +0100 schrieb James Freer:
Thanks so much - the latter worked fine. I've been using linux now since 2007
and always loved eog as it was so simple. I don't like the way most other photo
apps make some album for you.

Thanks, nice to hear eog is of use to you. :)

The watermark puts another image in a certain place... so how does one enter
words or the date which is what I'd like. Presumably one needs to make up a
small image with words in. Is it possible to resize images?

No, eog itself has no support for resizing. eog only supports some
relatively easy ans lossless modifications. However, you can start an
editor like Gimp straight from eog if you like.

Regarding the watermark, it seems like you have to prepare a little
image with the text (Gimp can help you here as well). The plugin
supports resizing the watermark to a given size, but I am not so sure if
text will look "good" if it is too heavily resized.

Regards,

Felix