Re: EOG maximum resolution ?

Am Montag, den 26.03.2012, 19:24 +0200 schrieb Damien Brouard:
> Hi guys,

Hey Damien,

> I have a question about Eye Of Gnome, or what might be a kind of bug
> with large pics ?
>
> I just figured out that EOG was not able to display large pic. One
> example is the limit with 4880x3000px. You can just create an almost and
> very light JPG with The Gimp (160ko...) , and EOG will display the pic
> correctly at 4880x3000px resolution, but will stay black at 4881x3000px
> and above. EOG loads the file, tells me the resolution in the status bar
> as well as the pic number I'm viewing in the folder (like 2/6), does not
> crash, but just stay "black" and "empty".
>
> This issue affects me particularly, and I guess I'm not the only one,
> since my new DLSR shoot at 5196x3462, and so, I cannot display my
> pictures with EOG... :'(
>
> Tested with both EOG 3.2.1 and EOG 3.3.92
>
> Is it a known issue ? Is there something to be done about that ?

we are aware of that problem due to several user reports. But we haven't
been able to reproduce it ourselves yet. For example I just tried your
example description and 4881x3000px show correctly here as do
9762x6000px and 14643x9000px. Because of that we think that it is likely
a graphics driver or hardware limitation (texture size?), so there's
currently not much we can do about that. Might be interesting to see if
a Clutter-based image view (which is what we want to replace the current
view with in the future) can handle this better.

Btw, I remember a report mentioning that the problem is bound to the
display resolution and changing to another could make it work. Maybe it
works for you too.

Regards,

Felix