Bug 551171

In case anyone's interested, I've made a patch to fix this bug.
I also came across what appears to be another bug along the way that's also at least partially handled by this patch, but could use review by someone more familiar with eog.

Linking rather than inlining to avoid listbulk and repetition: details on the other bug are also in that thread, though the code is probably clearer than the attempt to explain it.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/eog/+bug/255030