Re: Python plugin reload_image

Hi!

Am Mittwoch, den 14.07.2010, 17:07 +0200 schrieb Pioz:
> Hi all, im writing a python plugin for eog
> and i need to reload current image
>
> My function is like this:
>
> def my_callback(self, action, window):
>

>   window.reload_image()
>
> I have an error: unknown attribute reload_image for window.
> How I can reload image using python?
> I've see that in C I can call oeg_window_reload_image(window);

In a standard Eye of GNOME you're currently out of luck. The python API
is not exporting it at the moment. Sorry!
The problem with the python bindings we have right now is that we have
to extend them by hand once the C-API is changed. As none of us has
was/is an active python user this obviously wasn't on top of our
priority list. You could update the defs file in the bindings/python
folder to export the reload function and recompile but it would be just
you who could benefit from the plugin (assuming you'd like to make your
plugin public).

Currently I'd like to migrate the whole plugin interface to libpeas
during the gtk-3 conversion (sorry, forgot to update our roadmap once
again). This will apparently be able to follow the C-API automatically
(not only for Python) using introspection once we annotated our code.
Not sure if and when I manage to do it though.

Regards,

Felix