Re: Random image patch

Hi!

Am Dienstag, den 05.01.2010, 13:56 +0100 schrieb Felix Riemann:

> Regarding your changes. Found nothing really bad from looking at it.
> Well, as you already heard, we prefer to keep the main application as
> clean as possible and append functionality through plugins. There's also
> already a plugin that randomizes the image order in the slideshow mode.
> Though, it has a limitation therein that it is the same order everytime
> if you choose the same starting image (which your code I think hasn't).
> So, I am kinda tempted to put at least the changes for EogListStore in
> eog and just make the UI elements a plugin (assuming it works). The
> existing slideshow plugin could then also take advantage of this change.
> If possible the plugins could be merged into one then. The disadvantage
> (at the moment) would be that you cannot have a toolbar button then.

Just wanted to let you know that I incorporated your patch completely
now. Moving the UI element into a plugin didn't seem so overly practical
after all (the Reload Plugin serves as an example plugin to plugin
authors and is excepted from this rule). Well, thanks for the patch.

commit 9221716bc34aa8cf78293b89160920260018fe48
Author: Quinten Lansu <>
Date:   Fri Feb 5 15:54:05 2010 +0100

    Make it possible to select a random image from the collection

    This allows the user to crawl randomly through his collection.
    Patch posted to eog-list:
    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/eog-list/2009-December/msg00003.html

Regards,

Felix