color management

It is my understanding that eog makes use of color management, taking
information about the display from X.

I am running Fedora 9 Linux, and I've calibrated/profiled my display
using the argyll collection of programs.   I've loaded the profile into
X, and indeed xprop -root | grep ICC shows it is there.

gimp makes use of this information as does the program inkscape, and
images are displayed exactly the same in both programs.  But eog shows
the same image that gimp and inkscape do when I turn off display color
management.   Also, if I remove the display profile from X, and then
load it, what eog shows is unaffected.   It is, of course, affected by

I've been using eog 2.22, but I recently compiled and installed 2.24 and
the result is the same.  Under Fedora (, it would require too much
additional effort to compile and install version 2.26 because I would
have to upgrade other components of the system.

I scanned the source code for icc, and although I didn't try to follow
exactly what the code does, it does apparently try to make use of the
profile in X, as best I can tell.

Can you explain what is going on.  Should eog include under preferences
a choice of turning on color management as other applications do?
Sould I have compiled it with appropriate options?

--
Leonard Evens <len math northwestern edu>
Mathematics Department, Northwestern University