I need help with photo printing using eog

Hi,

I want to print some photos on photo paper 4x6 inch.

I found that I can select paper size only in 'page setup' dialog, and there is a problem
Obliviously I want to print the images using 'landscape' mode so they fit whole page, but I found
that page types include margins, and that they rotate together with image.
I mean it is OK to have wide border at bottom of the page in portrait mode, but
I think it is wrong to apply the same border at left edge of paper in 'landscape' mode.

Border margins should be tied to the physical page. not the image to be printed.

Can you explain to me what is going under the hood?
I mean I know that cups receives several types of documents, and converts all to postscript,
then it uses several ways to convert postscript to printer language.
Mostly foomatic-rip is called, which is mostly wrapper on top of gv that processes postscript, and then calls printer driver,
in my case hpjs.

Each printer has a PPD that specifies printer 'settings' my printer ppd includes page size setting.

So does 'page setup' change cups options or it affects image generation before cups (eog behavior)?

The 'print' dialog has 'page setup' tab too, but the 'paper type' option there is unavailable, why?

F-spot has no page setup tab, thus I can't set page size there.

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky