Re: reload current image

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 18:54 +0200, Olivier R-D wrote:
> Hi,
> I have written s small python plugin. that changes the iptc tags of the
> current image. unfortunately it seems that changing the image file also
> makes eog loose reference to the current image so when I click next it
> displays the first image in the current directory instead of the next one.

That's a bug that comes from the gnome-vfs era, check the way eog
deletes images for a workaround using the function mentioned below.
Anyway, in trunk that shouldn't be a problem anymore, as eog migrated to
gio.

> How can I force eog to reload a specific image or better avoid that eog
>     loses its reference to the current image ?

Use

 eog_thumb_view_select_single (thumbview,
                               EOG_THUMB_VIEW_SELECT_CURRENT);

To reselect the image currently shown. Eitherway, this shouldn't be
necessary.

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra gnome org>