Handling Bugs in EOG

Hi all,

As you know, currently our development branch (trunk) has completely
new code and the stable branch (gnome-2-18) has the old EOG's code
base. For anyone that aims to (or already) contribute to EOG, here are
some general instructions:

- Don't spend much time working on the stable branch. Prioritize
things you can fix in trunk in the new code base. If there's no easy
fix for a bug in stable branch, don't work on that. We need to make
EOG shine for 2.20 release.

- For those who commit directly to EOG: you should use a new syntax to
reference patch authors in ChangeLog because we're using the
maintainer script[1] to generate the list of fixed bugs in each
release. Instead of using...

 "Patch by NAME_OF_PATCH_AUTHOR. Fixes bug #BUGNUMBER"

You should use...

 "Fixes bug #BUGNUMBER (NAME_OF_PATCH_AUTHOR)"

See ChangeLog to get some examples.

That's all for now. Thanks!

-lucasr

[1] http://developer.imendio.com/projects/misc/maintainer