Re: "open image with" function

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 12:43 -0300, Rodrigo Aguilar M. wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> Now I'm working with the correct eog-ng branch :).
>
> So, browsing the todo list[1], I think that "open image with" function
> is something that i can do (with your friendly help :-). Reading the bug
> report[2], i think the "Open with" submenu is the right way to implement
> this.
>
> I find the "action_entries_window" array in eog-window.c file. I try
> adding this line
>
> 	{ "FileOpenWith", GTK_STOCK_OPEN, N_("Open _with"), NULL,
> 	  N_("Open with other application"),
> 	  G_CALLBACK (eog_window_cmd_file_open) },

That only adds the action to the available actions in EOG. Now you need
to bind that action to a menu item, that you should add in the XML file
where all the menuitems and toolbars are defined (eog/data/eog-ui.xml).

Take a look to the GtkUIManager documentation to understand this better.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkUIManager.html

Cheers,

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>