Re: Thumbnails Pane

Hi Lucas,

Am Samstag, den 25.11.2006, 03:11 +0200 schrieb Lucas Rocha:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just commited some changes to the thumbnails pane. Now it uses
> the navigator widget which makes it easier to scroll and view the
> image collection. Some pending issues on thumbnails pane:
I am not sure what I should think of it yet. The problem I have is that
I don't see the real benefit in it, besides of smoother scrolling, and
it looks quite strange (possibly because of the buttons). Maybe it's
just too obvious to me. :)

> - The side buttons have too small arrows. We try to use some icons.
> However, I don't want it to be too thick. Suggestions?
>
> - The current shadow effect look nice only on images with colored
> background. On small images (i.e icons, cliparts) with transparent
> background the shadow looks strange. Try viewing /usr/share/pixmaps
> and you'll see what I mean. EOG should use the same shadow style than
> nautilus because we'd have more consistency and better thumbnail
> appearance (for any kind of image). I'll experiment this and see how
> it looks.
>
> - Better selection visual feedback. The default GtkIconView selection
> visual feedback is not very nice because only the label (which we
> won't use in thumbnails pane) is really marked when selected and the
> icon just gets a like bit darker. Suggestions?

We should keep an option to re-enable the file labels as it is hard to
identify your images if you are looking at a bunch of nearly identical
images.

> For now, those are the issues I'd to discuss.
I found another possible one:

- It seems to have a redrawing issue when several images change at once
and the widget size changes. I was not yet able to fully explore the
issue so this is a rough explanation. It showed up when I tested my
EogJobSave patch on multiple images. But it's not showing up everytime.

> Cheers!
>
> --lucasr

Bye

Felix