Re: eog does not prserve EXIF when saving

On 27.6.2005, at 19:44, Lutz Müller wrote:

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 08:52 +0200, Jens Finke wrote:
I use EOG pretty frequently and it is wonderfull (yet simple) tool but
which annoys me is that it does not preserve EXIF part of JPEG files
when doing rotation and than saving (at least in Fedora Core 4 running
Gnome). Do you plan to implement this in future versions ?

Hello Vladimir!

Hello,

Can you send me a sample image and tell me which tags are missing after
rotation?

I've tried it on couple of images and on some of them eog preserved EXIF data, whereas on others it did not. I have not yet found the condition which influences this behavior.

For pictures on which eog does not preserve EXIT data, it looks like this:

before:

[erazim ~]$ jhead /home/media/Pictures/prvnich\ 430\ fotek/pict0400.jpg
File name    : /home/media/Pictures/prvnich 430 fotek/pict0400.jpg
File size    : 1025125 bytes
File date    : 2005:06:20 18:32:00
Camera make  : KONICA MINOLTA
Camera model : DiMAGE Z5
Date/Time    : 2005:06:20 18:32:00
Resolution   : 2560 x 1920
Flash used   : No (auto)
Focal length :  5.9mm  (35mm equivalent: 35mm)
Exposure time: 0.025 s  (1/40)
Aperture     : f/2.8
ISO equiv.   : 100
Whitebalance : Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure     : program (auto)

after rotation and saving in eog it looks like this:

[erazim ~]$ jhead /home/media/Pictures/prvnich\ 430\ fotek/pict0400.jpg
File name    : /home/media/Pictures/prvnich 430 fotek/pict0400.jpg
File size    : 506693 bytes
File date    : 2005:06:29 18:54:10
Resolution   : 1920 x 2560

v.