RfH: HIGify Eye of Gnome's print dialog

Hi,

this is a Request for Help. Eye of Gnome is the default GNOME image
viewing program.

Problem:
--------
Since version 2.3.1 there is a new print dialog. Unfortunately it hasn't
been designed with the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/) in mind. But a HIG
compatible print dialog is a requirement for the upcoming 2.4. release.

Task:
-----
Maybe someone is interested in stepping into GNOME programming by making
the print dialog HIG compatible. The dialog itself is described by a glade
file already. Though large parts are hardcoded in the source yet, and
should to be moved to glade also. The result should be a fully
glade-ified and HIGified print dialog.

Required Skills:
----------------
I would classify the severity of the task as medium, because there will be
some programming experiences needed. Also, volunteers need knowledge of
the HIG, should have some experiences with Glade, and should be willing to
learn a bit of the eog code regarding printing. The advantage is, that the
whole printing code is self-contained in the libgpi directory, without any
dependencies to the rest of the eog code.

If someone wants to accept the challenge and make a significant
contribution to one of the GNOME core components, please contact me. If
you need further information don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes,

   Jens