Re: SVG, LIB_RSVG and Corel Output

Hi Jens,

Thanks you greatly for the response :-)

> Of course, eog uses lib_rsvg to render SVG files. However, we currently
> don't use it directly but rely on gdk_pixbuf's rendering interface from
> the gtk+ library.
That is cool to know.  I don't know about the gtk+ library is it as fast as
rsvg?  I find rsvg to be a rocket (especially compared with Batik) :-)

> > [...]
> > The issue seems to be to do with the x and y coordinates, although I
> > can't but my foot on it.  Attached is a simple svg file that EOG
> > renders to nothing.  If anyone has any suggestions at all, workarounds
> > and anything ***please*** let me know I would so ***appreciate*** some
> > advice on this issue.
>
> SVG support isn't tested that well. This is surely a bug in either
> gdk-pixbuf or eog. Please issue a bug report in bugzilla and attach the
> svg file and a screenshot of how it is supposed to look and how it looks
> in eog.

Actually it is a bug in Corel 10.  Corel 11 works fine :-)  It is true that
other svg renders to manage to get the image out correctly (Batik, Adobe)
but upgrading to Corel 11 solves the problem for me in this instance.

Thanks again,
Z.