Re: image clasification.

Hello,

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=F3pez Nataren Cesar Octavio?= wrote:
> Hello you all. I 'm designing an image clasification system that hopefully
> I can get into Eog ;-)

sounds interesting.

> , but I'm not sure what library to use in order to read jpg or png
> files. Any suggestion? (sorry if it's not the correct place to answer
> this).

What about gdk-pixbuf? If you use Gnome 2.0 it's already included in Gtk+
2.0. For 1.4 it's a separate package. With gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file () you
can get a GdkPixbuf object for your image file. It supports also a lot of
other image file formats than jpeg and png.

Regards,

    Jens

--
"Wer die Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird am Ende beides
verlieren." -- Benjamin Franklin