Re: GNOME ASIA logo competition

  > All JavaScript served on that page comes from GNOME hosted servers and
  > it is all MIT licensed, as is the entirety of GitLab CE, which is what
  > we're running.

It is possible to fix the problem by adding a machine-recognizable
license notice for the appropriate license at the top of the pertinent
pages, plus a source code pointer for each page.  See
https://gnu.org/software/librejs/free-your-javascript.html for
documentation.

The source pointers are needed because these pages contain compiled
code.  (More precisely, minified -- but that is a kind of
compilation.)  It is ok to use minified code, but it needs to come
with the corresponding source code.

The term "MIT license" is ambiguous -- it stands for either the X11
license or the Expat license.  You can tell which by looking at the
actual license text in the source and comparing with those two entries
in https://gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html.

The license notice should say which specific license.

--
Dr Richard Stallman