Re: No more release notes for me

On Fri, 2018-03-02 at 21:00 -0800, Link Dupont wrote:
On Fri, 2018-03-02 at 19:13 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
Totally respect this decision and it gives a chance for someone else new
the team to take over and do them.

Thanks Sri! Ideally, I think the release notes would be owned by the
whole team and would form part of the overall engagement schedule,
rather than being the sole preserve of a single individual. It's
important that we have some collective responsibility and some
oversight, to make sure that things happen when they're supposed to.

Let's try to figure out how to do them
for the next year and see who would be willing to them forthwith.

My suggestion would be to start looking at release marketing about two
months out - so mid-July for the next release.

I agree it should be a shared responsibility of the whole team. I personally
have an interest in the release notes as I've always imagined writing a
"What's
new in GNOME in Fedora $NEXT" article for the magazine. Having release notes
is
key to that article. I can see them being used as the basis for social media
posts too.