Update | LAS GNOME 2017

Hi All,

This is a quick update on what's happening with LAS GNOME. We'll send another update next week.

Have questions? Email the las-gnome gnome org list (and join that list if you want to be part of the working group).

Best,
Nuritzi

Is LAS GNOME happening in 2017?
Maybe. We have a go/no go date scheduled for this upcoming Tuesday, August 15th.

By August 15th we need:
  • Confirm venue availability/internet connectivity - done
  • Accommodation options confirmed  - done
  • Confirm min 4k sponsorship - needed
  • Website/infrastructure in place - needed

After that, there's still a lot of work needed, but the list above are the basics that are required to proceed this year. If LAS GNOME does not happen this upcoming quarter, we'd like for it to happen early next year. This would require starting over and assessing our options.

When and where would it be?
If LAS GNOME does happen, it would be from Thursday, November 2nd - Sunday, November 5th in the San Francisco Bay Area, in California, USA at Stanford University.

How can I help?
We need sponsors! If you think your company would be interested, please let us know asap since it'll help us convince the Board that we'll get the sponsorship needed to run the event.

Some other things that we need
  • SF Bay Area volunteers! (Also, know any videographers? Let us know)
  • Projector
  • Local groups and orgs in the Bay Area who may want to attend or publicize LAS GNOME

Nuritzi Sanchez  |  +1.650.218.7388 |  Endless