Partnership with Mozilla Campus Clubs

Hi,

As some of you know, I have been working on a partnership between the Mozilla community and GNOME in order to grow our campus outreach initiatives. Now that I have more information about what we need to do in order to participate, I am reaching out to all of you to ask if you are interested in helping.

Mozilla has an initiative called Mozilla Campus Clubs [0]. At the end of September they will be running a pilot program on ~20 campuses in the United States. The goal of the program is to get students involved in Open Source.

Since our community is interested in expanding outreach to students, this is a great opportunity for us to work with existing student groups who want to learn to contribute to GNOME. Mozilla's platform provides us with templates so we can easily structure activities for students to use during their events. You can see an example of a template on Github [1].

I think that it would make the most sense for us to use the existing Newcomers Guide [2] as a starting point and modify it to create some activities for Campus Clubs. I will attend the next regular meeting of the engagement team to talk more about this, but please let me know what your initial thoughts are, and whether this is something you're interested in helping with!

Thanks!
Meg
[0] https://campus.mozilla.community/
[1] https://github.com/mozillacampusclubs/teach-how-to-build-addons/