Re: The future of GNOME Amazon store

Hi,

On 31 March 2017 at 11:48, Tom Tryfonidis <tomtryf gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

Current status of GNOME's Amazon store (astore) is broken. You can navigate
through the products, but you can't add one on the shopping list due to
mixed content (Amazon serves their assets via http).

We can't control Amazon assets from our side, so we can either drop our
Amazon stores, or monetize gnome.org using banners,links [1] and/or Ads [2]
(not so fond of the last one).

What do you mean when you say that we can't control the Amazon assets?
Rosanna has access to all the accounts.

We still get referral income from the affiliation link. Probably most
people have it saved in epiphany or something like that. I used to
look it up every time I wanted to use it from
https://www.gnome.org/friends/amazon/ but that doesn't exist any more
so I can't give the referral to GNOME now. Is it possible to have the
link available somewhere?

It would be nice to hear your thoughts on this.

Tom

[1] https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/welcome/topic/tools
[2] https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/home/ads/