Re: Speak at LinuxCon + ContainerCon Europe, CFP Closes June 17th

On Fri, May 27, 2016, 7:47 AM Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:

> I would like to get some people who can talk this conference as part of public relations.  Who would be up for it?  I could do it but I need to make sure I get some travel funding from Linux Foundation.
>
> I would like to talk about runtimes, flatpak and so forth.

Someone from Codethink possibly? They're based in the UK and are doing work on Flatpak.

I can ask Rob Taylor and see.   Linux Foundation is looking for desktop talks.   I will put my hat in the ring as well.

I think we should have an optional coordinated strategy on talks.   I say optional because I don't want to prevent anyone from talking about something they are passionate about.   But since we have no Ed we  need identify some key points that we want to drive in these talks.   It also makes it easier for newcomers to do the same.   It isn't easy to talk in public especially in an audience that is not your community.

Sri