Re: How to archive photos?

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Ekaterina Gerasimova
<kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:
On 17 May 2016 at 17:53, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
Often photos won't be published online under a free licence, but will
be provided to us directly. Legally, I suspect that the photo creator
needs to publicly state that they are providing the photos under a
particular licence, but I don't know how to allow them to do that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

An email to the engagement list is a good way to record it publicly.

I was thinking of a mailing list also, although my idea was to use a
dedicated list (photos-list gnome org, for example) in order to not
spam this one. The disadvantage of that approach is that it's another
list to moderate, of course...

Either way, I can create an email template that photo authors can fill
in, to make sure that we get all the details we need.