Re: acks for the release..

Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
I have someone who is testing all the extensions against the release
candidates, and it would be awesome if we could acknowledge that work some
where in the release...
We don't really do that kind of thing right?  Like a credits page where you
have top committers, translations, etc?  Of course people like Allen would
just perpetually be there. :-)  But you know what I mean...

We've sometimes given credit to Outreachy/OPW/gsoc students in the
release notes: it's a good way to credit those initiatives, as well as
new contributors. This has never been done systematically or
consistently though.

It's too late to add anything to the release notes at this stage, but
you could always mention individual efforts on social media. It does
get a bit tricky when singling out individuals, of course. There have
been plenty of great individual efforts made for the upcoming release.