Re: 3.20 Headline Features

On Mon, 2016-03-07 at 12:55 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Mon, 2016-03-07 at 11:44 +0000, Allan Day wrote:

Hi all,

We are gearing up to write the 3.20 release notes. As usual, there
will be two pages of headline features, with around 6 headlines per
page. The first page is supposed to contain our biggest features.

Right now the draft structure looks like this:

Main page

Wayland ready
XDG app - installable nightly apps
Operating system upgrades in Software
Shortcuts windows
Editing in Photos
Polari improvements (lots of improvements to list)

Second page

Music controls in the notifications area
User reviews in Software
Cantarell improvements
Redesigned mouse and touchpad settings
I would put support for "what did you plug in" jack detection and
support for rfkill keys above that, in terms of hardware integration.

Oh, and the native LibreOffice integration in Documents is probably
right up there as a major feature/big improvement.