Re: How to archive photos?

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
This might be a good opportunity for us to review the structure of the Engagement Team folders in ownCloud. When I originally created these, I thought that they all needed to be in a root directory called Shared, but I see other shared folders in the root now so I think it would be a good idea to break them out. The folders we currently have are:

- Engagement Team - Archive [old material we no longer use]
  - ...
  - ...
  - ...

- Engagement Team - Assets [materials primarily intended for use by the Engagement Team]
  - Dummy Content [we use this for creating screenshots]
  - Photos
  - Screenshots
  - Videos

- Engagement Team - Public [designs we make available for the community to use; there's a public link for the folder]
  - Badges
  - Leaflets
  - Posters
  - Stickers
  - T-Shirts
  - Videos

- Engagement Team - Work In Progress [this is currently empty]

Does this structure make sense to people? I realise that "assets" might not be that common a term for some, but it seemed more specific than "resources".

We discussed this at last week's team meeting, and it was suggested that we rename "Engagement Team - Public" to "Engagement Team - External Resources" and "Engagement Team - Assets" to "Engagement Team - Internal Resources". I did that this week.

I'd like to move the pictures that Cassandra collected into the internal resources folder, but have hit some technical problems with it. Am hoping that those will be resolved soon though.