Re: Asset licensing guidelines

Thanks,  Allan for doing this.  My only question is what you mean by not posting creative commons  on social media.   Can you expand on that?
Sri

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016, 11:54 PM Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I drafted some guidelines on how to licence assets when using them in Engagement Team work. Here, "assets" primarily means images, but can also include video or audio. You can find the draft guidelines here:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/AssetLicensing

To summarise:

 * Any asset used should be Creative Commons licensed
 * CC-BY or CC-BY-SA are recommended
 * Follow Creative Commons guidelines for giving attribution
 * Don't post Creative Commons licensed material on social media
 * When storing assets for later use:
  * Keep a record of the copyright/license information
  * If assets haven't been published with a Creative Commons licence by the author, get them to send an email stating under which licence they are providing them

It goes without saying that I'm not a lawyer, and I've had to make a few judgement calls when drawing these guidelines up. I'd welcome any feedback you might have.

Thanks!