Re: When should we tweet?

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 4:52 AM Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:

Is there an easy way to track visibility, impact etc. of twitter posts? Apart from the obvious counting the number of favs and retweets?

There are a bunch of tools that can calculate the best time to tweet. Most of them require that you give them access to your account. Would we be happy to do that? (I did try one that didn't require access to our account, but it told me we didn't have enough posts/retweets for it to be able to work.)

Possibly?  It would be nice to be able to come up with tools ourselves like this and possibly help other projects who might want to do the same thing.

Either way, I think we'd have to try posting at different times of the day prior to running any analytics, in order to have some data to work from. This could be an argument for being a bit more random in the times of day that we tweet (ie. three posts a day, eight hours apart, but varying the "base" time).

We really need a tool that will allow us to schedule posts on twitter.  That way, you can write 3 versions of the same tweet on the spot and them schedule them for tweeting.  Otherwise, you have to be more focused about the tweeting which I feel will be harder to accomplish.