Re: News Item: ARM Donations

Looks really good in general. Great work!
Some smaller grammar things that stood out to me below inline:

On 2016-04-27 00:03, Nuritzi Sanchez wrote:
April 27, 2016

The GNOME Foundation welcomes ARM device donations

ORINDA, CA. Recently,

This sounds formal. Later the text switches to a slightly less formal tone.

the GNOME Foundation sent out a request seeking donations of ARM build server hardware so that the GNOME project

This uses the GNOME Foundation and the GNOME Project in 3rd person.
Later it switches to "We" (without properly introducing who We is) and uses this for the majority of the text, to then switch back to the 3rd person at the end of the text again.

This machine is already being hosted in the Red Hat Phoenix datacenter where other GNOME servers are located.

It's possible to cut "being" out of the last paragraph I think.

Codethink & Endless

Paul Sherwood from Codethink reached out to us offering us several blades at Codethink’s HP Moonshot system hosted by them in the UK. Endless is sponsoring a project with Codethink to use this hardware to make xdg-app runtime, SDK and app builds for ARM.

"on Codethink's HP Moonshot system"

Qualcomm

Manik Taneja and Victor Ruiz from Canonical reached out to Ketal Gandhi at Qualcomm about GNOME’s need for ARM hardware. Gandhi was able to have Qualcomm donate four Dragonboard 410c Single Board Computers from the 96boards project. These boards will provide a great platform for application developers who want to test their apps in ARM.

Other Offers

The Foundation would like to give its thanks to several other people who offered help:

– Arc Riley who kindly offered rack space

– Michael Larabel from Phoronix who offered a lot of unused PandaBoards

– Kevin Fenzi from Fedora who offered hardware from the Fedora infrastructure

– Mikael Frykholm from Tranquillity Hosting offering us rack space

– David Tischler from miniNodes.com offering to buy Raspberry Pi 3s for us if needed

needs to use "offered" consistently. Mixes "offered" and "offering" now.

– Yann Leger from scaleway.com who committed to offering ARM servers in the future

"Committed to offer" I think

ARM support will be added initially to the sdk.gnome.org initiative where binary releases of the GNOME platform and applications will be built. End-users and developers can use the results on a wide variety of Linux systems, running inside xdg-app sandboxes. Later, the GNOME project also hopes to add ARM support to the GNOME Continuous project, so that the latest development versions of the whole GNOME desktop will also be built and tested on ARM systems.

"also be" can be cut.

- Andreas