Re: Social media planning for upcoming GNOME events

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 2:02 , Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
Hi all,

We've recently discussed the need for a social media strategy for GUADEC and the 3.20 release, and I promised to provide some notes as a way to get started. These can be found on a new wiki page for social media guidelines:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/SocialMedia/Guidelines

None of this is set in stone - it's just my initial ideas. It would be great to have a general discussion on this topic, and please suggest changes or additions.

This has been taken up at engagement meetings too, so I just wanted to discuss the inclusion of a guideline saying something like:

"The GNOME account on social media channels is not just followed by the GNOME community, but is also the GNOME's outward face to the world. Before posting, consider whether the content is appropriate to share with within community or the whole world and consult with the rest of the engagement team if you are unsure."

What do you think,

Bastian