Re: business cards..

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 10:53 AM Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:

That's the thing (sorry for top posting, Android inbox bug) most of us are used to the tools in free software.  Mailing lists are not common at all to the vast majority of users.

I used twitter because the contact is passive and some thing for them to follow for news, not necessarily to ask questions.

If we want to do two way communication then we should monitor a hashtag like #gnomenewcommers or something like that.

Sri

To re-iterate my point, I'm saying that for a lot of people, mailing lists is anachronistic.  People communicate quite a bit differently these days.  The info gnome org could simply be re-directed to engagement list and maybe we could rotate the responsibility to respond to queries on it?

sri