Re: Regarding the announcement of the GNOME Asia Summit 2016 location and dates

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:02 PM, Shobha Tyagi <tyagishobha gmail com> wrote:
As the capital of India is "New Delhi" and we borders New Delhi, we can say
that we are organizing GNOME.Asia summit 2016 in New Delhi Which is well
known to the wider range of people.

[late to this thread] I'd request that this approach be not
considered. GNOME.Asia provides an unique opportunity for the
institutions partnering (as hosts etc) to create a strong presence in
the developer community. It would be nice to be specific and use the
actual location. For what it is worth, the KDE conference in India
does not shy away from being specific and building on the
partnerships.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>